Lil bit bout me!

My name is Sally. I am a Certified Scrapaholic. I have been Scrappin' since 2002 and havnt looked back! I was introduced to it by a friend and at first, to be honest, I thought it was lame! Yes, lame. Back then there wasn't much variety in the Scrapbooking industry compared to what we have now! But, I did have a photo that I took of my husband in a pair of pants with Japanese writing on them that he bought in Byron Bay. He was completely obsessed with the Samurai (thanks to Tom Cruise in 'The Last Samurai') and I knew we had an Asian shop just down the road filled with lots of goodies perfect to embellish that pic. So, I began.... 2017 and I'm still going!
Since then I started a business with the friend who got me into scrappin' in the first place. It was our idea and original creation - products so the obsessed scrapper can be completely proud and show it off!
We had a great time with this thriving little business but as time went on my business partner had more responsibilties with her unwell family members and I had to move to Brizvegas for my husbands work.
I have enjoyed creating an E-Newsletter for the business as I got to use and demonstrate new & exciting products as well as get to know many of the online scrapbooking shop owners and very talented scrappers. In doing this I became a design Team Member for 'Scrap With V' for 12 months. That was a lot of fun, teaching in Cyber Crops and creating Layout kits for her online shop.
I couldn't tell you what my style is as it changes depending on the pic, papers, inspiration, mood, etc. I get most of my inspiration just walking into a Scrap Shop! Its so motivating looking at all the amazingly beautiful papers & embellishments there are! And my husband lets me buy all the scrapbooking stuff I can hide!!!
Since 2011 I have been teaching Art Journaling, Scrapbooking - both single and double layouts, ATC's and cards at my local Scrapbooking Store - 
Somewhere To Scrap in Rochedale South, QLD.
I absolutely love my job!
In saying all this, I really think that even though life is complicated and full of trials & stresses, if we just take a few minutes each day to sit and remind ourselves of what we already posess we can have a more positive attitude. For me its 2 beautiful, healthy, happy girls, a wonderful partner, true freinds, a nice home, food on the table and as an added bonus - I have the absolute pleasure of being able to scrap! What more could I ask for???

0 comments:

Post a Comment